Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bright Copper Kettles and Warm Woolen Mittens...

...These are a few of my favorite things...

~ Reading (and eventually falling asleep) in a hammock on the porch while the rain pours.

~Waking up and realizing I have a whole hour to sleep still.

~ What ever book of the Bible I happen to be reading in at the moment (currently Ezekiel - seriously the dry bones dude is amazing!!)

~ Writing - Journaling - telling stories 

~ Doing homework on a blanket in the sunshine =D

~ The feeling of accomplishment when you fit EVERYTHING you need in a suitcase and it weighs the right amount.

~ The How to Train your Dragon soundtrack - so beautiful!

~ Late night Wal-Mart runs with my roomie Lindsey for food =D

~ nap time with my crazy Roomie Dani

~Getting my homework done ahead of time.

~When people from different countries used to stay in my room and then after they left it would always smell like that country

~Missions trip hand-me-downs

~ Running on the beach - racing the waves.

~Reeses Peanut butter eggs

~Climbing up and reading on the roof just before the sun sets - and staying up there until the first stars make their grand entrance.

~Movie night's with my 3rd roomie Aubrea

~Swinging...I don't care how old I am - it will always be fun.

~ Irish tea, with two lumps of sugar and a splash of milk

~ Singing in a group that big enough that even when you sing loud your voice is drown out by everyone around you - it's beautiful.

~ When my Itunes randomly plays a song in portuguese

~Skype dates that work out.

~ Getting letters or package slips in my mail box - ALWAYS makes my day.

~Going somewhere I've never been before.

~The Hippie Fair!!!! I can't wait to go shopping again there!

~ Talking into the early hours of the morning.

~ Cafe com leite - especially the kind from the refeitorio.

~ drinking coconut milk directly from a coconut on the beach, and then watching while the coconut man whacks it open with a machete so I can scrape out the meat on the inside.

~ Jumping off boat roofs into the river.

~Lost marathons with minha familia.

~Pillow cereal!!! best. cereal. EVER.

~ Quiet moments with just my Bible, Oswald Chambers, my prayer book, and my journal, Jesus and Me.

~ Violin music - I don't know why - but it's very soothing to me.



~**~ Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens, Bright Copper Kettles and Warm Woolen Mittens, Brown Paper Packages tied up with String - These are a Few of my Favorite Things ~**~

-Sometimes it's the little things in life-
~ Shaela

5 comments:

Miss Polston said...

Thanks for sharing friend! I'm a fan of Reeses eggs, too...they're pretty much the best :)

Gary Parker said...

My list would include reading anything my wonderful daughter writes. I love you and am so proud of the wonderful woman you are becoming. What in the world in "pillow cereal?"

Megan Hixon said...

i agree, pillow cereal is pretty awesome! :-) miss you, Shae!

Anonymous said...

- dad do you remember that amazing cereal in Hungary that had choclate filling in the middle??? i think they had is when you were there - anyway they also have hazenut and vanilla fillings...yummy!!!!! we call it pillow cereal because they look like mini pillows (at least thats what I always assumed.

- Miss you too megan - every once in a while i get this feeling that I really should be at your house baking or for a fellowship!

Anonymous said...

Shae,
You are so right, it is the little things in life that are so special.
Like the rainbows in the sky after a gentle rain.
Warm sunshine on your face.
Large snowflakes falling that bring a hush to everything around.
Love you kiddo.
Dorcas